Wednesday, August 5, 2015

8 Days Old

 Auntie Natalie got to come with me to visit Blaire today! Blaire is completely off the lights and even the "light blanket" that she has been wearing it under her shirt or blanket. We got to hold her for hours while she slept. I brought some milk that I'd pumped overnight and when it was meal time we gave it to her and surprisingly, she chugged all of it in no time at all! It was like she has had NO issues at all with feeding! I, Nat, and the nurse think it was because the milk was sweeter than the formula. At the next feeding she chugged all the goodness again! Such improvement!!!! If she continues to drink well then she will be home in no time at all! Her meds have been decreased again, sooner than they'd initially suggested. Because I'm bringing my milk they decreased the dose due to getting trace amounts through the milk, since I'm still on the meds too. Also, instead of giving the meds at 4 hour intervals they stretched her out to 6 hours since she was sleeping at the 4pm dose time. She ends to get irritable around the 5 hour mark but that's totally okay and they'll keep her on the 6 hour schedule =) I'm hoping she will be coming home super soon! Like, a week from now....

We're thinking Blaire looks like Moma in this picture!!

I asked her if she wanted to send a picture to daddy. Immediately, she smiled up a storm!! This is the 2nd or 3rd time I've asked her to take a picture for daddy and she grins for me! This was the first time I've been able to get it in a photo though! Her black hair is already turning brown. I think she'll be a blondie before she's 6 months, just like Blake!


Auntie Nat loved her visit! Blaire was very good to be alert and very responsive during our visit!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! She will be home in no time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I love that picture she took for her daddy. I am so happy. Everything is going so well with her, Miga! I am grateful and relieved that things are going smoothly with all considered. I can't wait to spend time with you all once I am back from Oregon. She should be home by then!!

    ReplyDelete