Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Blaire is 1 Week Old Today!

Today Miss Blaire ate too much and decided I was the one who needed to deal with it... So, she exploded her food all over my shirt, chair, and floor... Totally missing her clothes or blankets entirely! =) Aww Baby Smell! =D She isn't eating much by mouth so I think that is more of an issue rather than the withdrawals. She isn't having many, if any, symptoms at this point. They're most likely going to lower her dose again tomorrow, Wednesday.
At first I was not planning on pumping, but since she hasn't been eating well and tends to give faces as though what she is eating is not good, I decided to start pumping and see if it can help her at all. Surprisingly, I was able to get 2oz with my first pump. And, that's the first pump since birth! I was very surprised that I was able to get any milk at all since I've not pumped yet. Overall, during this afternoon, I got a total of 3.5oz... Hopefully tomorrow things will look up... I'll be researching how to help the milk come in, rather than how to prevent the milk!
At the hospital when I brought the milk in, the nurse had to contact the doctor to make sure my milk was usable. Since I'm on the Morphine and it comes in the milk, there was a possibility that I wouldn't be able to use it. Doctor gave the "okay" though so Blaire gets the sweet stuff! Hopefully it doesn't interfere with her current dosage of Morphine or her withdrawal symptoms.
Auntie Ash came to visit this evening and brought one of the "boba's" that Papa wanted her to have. We are trying to get Blaire to use it since her sucking is weak. She tends to do the "boba" well, but when it comes to eating, she is totally uninterested. She can't come home until she eats well... Blake was able to come home with a feeding tube, but since then, the hospital has discontinued the practice of sending babies home with the tubes. Some parents have accidently inserted the tube into the lungs rather than the stomach and the babies have died! I couldn't imagine going through that. It super sucks that Blaire wouldn't be able to come home until she eats well, but I can totally understand their policy... If it came down to it, I'd ask if we could take her home and if her tube falls out we would bring her to the hospital to get the tube inserted by a nurse... Maybe they'd go for that... Maybe... =)



1 comment:

  1. She looks great and seems to be getting better each day. It's wonderful to have family there to support you at this time. Blaire and the entire family are definitely loved and covered in prayer!!

    ReplyDelete