Thursday, June 25, 2015

"Are There Any Sick Among You?"

Dear TFH Pastors. 
My wife and I are expecting baby #2 in August, but the pregnancy has
brought on complications that we did not expect and it is becoming
too much. My wife, Amber, has suffered from a chronic foot pain for
11 years which came from when she used to be a swimmer. Over the years
different doctors have looked at her pain and have never been able to diagnose it.
They always gave her pain medications that would temporarily take the pain away,
but because of the pregnancy she had to stop those medications and was put on
some which are baby friendly. Unfortunately the medications are not taking the
pain away. In fact, the pain is intensifying. My wife did her own research regarding
her foot pain and was led to believe that the pain is coming from a pinched
nerve in her back. The doctors did some tests and determined this to be
accurate. There are a few things which can be done to alleviate the pain, for 
example a nerve block, but no doctors are willing to do the procedure because
of the pregnancy and the unknown affects to the baby. The doctors that she is
currently seeing are out of ideas as to how to deal with the pain. They keep
referring her to Pain Management but, that group will not see her again because
they did an earlier diagnosis which was not accurate and they do not believe the
recent findings of the other doctors. The last 2 weeks have been especially
difficult, the pain has increased in her foot, going all the way up her leg to her
back. She describes the pain as needles randomly stabbing her. We have been
to the emergency room 3 times and Labor and Delivery twice in the last week
in order to get some relief from the pain. It has come to the point where my
wife wishes she were dead  because of the intensity of the pain. We have not
slept in nights because the pain will last all night long. This is wearing on my
wife, and I am not sure how much longer she will last. We are constantly
 crying out to God for help, guidance, relief, etc. It is frustrating when Amber
is in so much pain but the doctors either don't do anything and occasionally
don't care. They do not know what she is going through. My wife is
frustrated with constantly explaining what is wrong with her while she is
writhing in pain so bad that she is asking God to take her life. We have not
been able to go to church for the past couple months because the pain is too
 bad to do anything. We know that God has a plan, we know that he can heal,
we are at the end of what the doctors can or will do, the only way left is for
some sort of miracle. So I told my wife that we need to ask for the leaders
to pray for us and she reminded me of this verse-
James 5:14 "Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the
church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord."
So I ask that the leaders of TFH pray for Amber, and that God will take the
pain away, it is too much for her. I ask that the leaders pray for the doctors
that are caring for her, that they show compassion, understanding and a
passion to help her. I feel like my prayers are so small and little, we need
an army of prayer warriors and leaders to take up our case before God.
Thanks for the time, please pray for Amber.
The baby is a girl, and her name is Blaire,
Amber asked me the other day if she was worth this pain... 

Your brother in Christ,
Joseph Bedford

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph,
So sorry to hear what you're going through.  We'll be praying for sure. Praying for healing, a total release of pain, and most of all, the safety of 
Amber & baby and a safe, happy delivery when all is said and done. 
Also praying grace for you, man

-Pastor Joseph

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph, 
Thank you so much for the email.  I will absolutely mention this to our
pastors and we will be praying for Amber and the baby.  Nobody should
have to endure that much pain.  I would also like to recommend a booklet if
she’d be up for a brief read.  I suffered with pretty severe lower back pain for
9 months due to a car accident.  One night, I saw this book on my shelf
and felt led to read it.  It honestly changed my life.  After reading it that
evening, I took communion and prayed for healing.  The very next morning,
my back pain was nearly gone.  I’ve put a link to the book here for you
but if you don’t kindle, its titled
“Health and Wholeness through the Holy Communion”.  

-Pastor Tim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joseph, 
We would be honored to pray for your wife and believe for healing.
Please plan on bringing her to a service, this weekend if possible, and
let us lay hands on her and pray in faith. The verse you quoted instructs
us to "anoint with oil” so that’s what we will do. 
Please introduce yourself to me or any of the pastors in regards
to this matter. They are all CC’d on this email. 
Believing for healing! 

Dave Patterson
Lead Pastor
The Father's House

1 comment:

  1. There ya go! That's very good! I started a prayer chain for you the other day on FB. I don't know if you saw it, but many are praying. We'll continue to do so! Hang on! Love You, Guys!!!

    ReplyDelete