Sunday, May 3, 2015

24 Weeks 6 Days

My foot hasn't given me too much pain these last two days. I'm still thinking on the lines of the possible Sural Nerve Entrapment and a form of the Sympathetic Nervous System Dysfunction. These last two days have been stress free and if I do have a form of the SNSD then that would make sense of why the pain has been a little lighter.
I was able to attend my cousin's baby shower yesterday with minimal issues. I heated my foot all during the visit and my pain held at a constant 7 for most of the day and then late at night my pain finally dropped down to a level 4 or so. I've been sleeping very hard at night and sleeping many hours 12+. My bg levels have been really good but yesterday and today they decided to spike into the 200-300s. My guess, insulin resistance has started to kick in big time. I'm raising my basal rates tonight and hopefully I'll be able to stop the rise. 
Blaire has been moving all over the place. I joke that she's started some Water Aerobics! She isn't making me uncomfortable yet so that is nice that I get to just enjoy feeling her bounce around.
My own diagnisis was verified by the doctor a few days ago. I am dealing with the Pubic Symphysis Dysfunction. 
http://www.birthsource.com/scripts/article.asp?articleid=189
Today has been quite a painful day in terms of this condition. It feels like my tailbone is extremely out of place and no matter what position I get into, the pain does not subside. I know a woman on FB who has been in a wheelchair since week 32 due to the severe pain. The doc said that the best I can do is to not walk, which only helps the pain minimally. I guess I'll be using this knee scooter for the rest of my pregnancy! The pain hasn't been too bad but today I stood for 10 minutes to wash dishes and another 15 or so minutes cutting up food/fruit. It was too much and by the time that chore was finished I could barely walk back to my rocking chair. I had to take it VERY easy for quite a while. I asked mom to come over and help with washing the rest of the dishes and make some dinner which will last a few days. According to the doc, this pain will not go away; it will only continue to get worse. Fun, fun, fun for me! At least it is helped by not walking and the pain stays away as long as I don't move. It won't be like my foot pain that comes for no reason, so that is a good thing! Apparently this pain, once it begins in a pregnancy, gets worse and starts earlier with each following pregnancy. This time, the pain began during week 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment