Sunday, May 31, 2015

28 Weeks 6 Days

As daylight ends that is when the pain begins.
Joseph rubbed my foot/ leg for over an hour. The pain wasn't intense but it was persistent. Early this morning I was woken by my foot/leg coming on full force with pain. Joseph helped to rub/heat my foot for an hour and a half before we were able to get back to sleep. We slept a few more hours, got up and had breakfast, he got ready for work and the pain was back. I dealt with it on my own since Joseph had to leave for work. The pain again was not intense but it was quite persistent. Now with the pain not being intense, it still provides plenty of pain for me. It just isn't hospital-worthy pain.
On Friday, my chiropractor suggested that with my swelling leg/foot, instead of just propping it, to prop and exercise at the same time. While my leg is up, flex my muscles to get the lymph system moving. He said that since the lymph system doesn't have it's own sort of pump, the best thing to remove the swelling is to exercise while propping. I have been hesitant to prop since in the recent past it hasn't seemed to help much. Since the chiropractor's suggestion I have been trying it and have been very happy to see that it works well! My swelling in the last two days has been significantly less! My upper left side pain has been bad as usual. I definitely don't think it's due to heart burn as my doctor last week suggested. It's worse when I sit down and it feels like a bruised area or cramping muscle type pain/extreme discomfort...  Doesn't quite make sense, but their explanations rarely do =)
I can become super annoyed at my team of doctors for one reason or another but my chiropractor is someone that I definitely like. I appreciate his opinion and suggestions. I feel like he is someone who really cares to help his patients rather than brush them off to the next doctor to figure things out. Having this chiropractor has been a huge blessing and God has provided back pain relief through his care of my back!

No comments:

Post a Comment