Saturday, May 30, 2015

28 Weeks 5 Days

I can't believe how quickly my days have been passing me by! It seems I have some appointment or another every single day and it's only about to get busier! This next week I start my twice weekly Physical Therapy in Vaca & NST (non stress tests to check if Blaire is stressed at all) appointments in Sac. 

My last few days have been pretty good. Most days with only smaller episodes rather than the extreme episodes I've had in the last few weeks! I haven't had a really bad episode in nearly 5 days now! It's been wonderful! I increased my anti-depressant 5 days ago and seems too coincidental that this is the 3rd increase I've had with a less-pain streak following it!

When the pharmacy calls on Monday or so I'll pick up my new pain medication prescription. I'm switching from Methadone to Oxycontin E.R. and Percoset for the specific episodes of pain. The Methadone hasn't been able to cover my pain completely yet and with this switch I'm hoping the Oxycontin will do me better since I've been on this type of medication in the past and have had great relief from it. 

The end of this week I started Physical Therapy for my ankle/back. There was a whole mixup between doctor, Pain Management Doc, and physical therapy so the appointments will be starting slowly until the right orders can be sent to my p.therapist. So far I have a few foot/back exercises to do at home and at therapy I did some ultrasound something or other on my ankle to massage out the scar tissue from years ago where I had my surgery. 

I've had swelling start up big time. Odd though, my right leg/foot swells minimally or not at all, and my left foot up to my thigh has been swollen constantly for almost 2 weeks. Docs checked for a blood clot again with thankfully no issues evident! My left leg is at least twice the size of my right side or more. I've been trying to keep it propped which is difficult since I've been so busy! I've been wearing the compression stockings for the last few days which seem to help some but not a whole lot. When the swelling occurs in the right foot, even minimal swelling is causing me to be in some more pain so keeping propped is best. 

These days are flying by and Blaire is getting so much more active and I'm definitely growing daily it seems! Blake is growing quickly as well. Talking and singing more and more and is almost not a baby anymore! He is getting too big!!! I can't believe how fast he is changing. It's so fun to see him changing but a little sad that it's going so fast!

Just over 10 weeks to go!!

1 comment: