Wednesday, May 13, 2015

25 Weeks 5 Days ---- 26 Weeks 2 Days

Here's a novel!
There were so many days to catch up on!
For you who read faithfully, Thank you for keeping your eyes on the details and your prayers heavenward. God is listening and giving me breaks from the pain every now and then!
~ "For the Lord is good and His love, His mercy, and His grace shall endure forever!" ~

Saturday
Wedding prep and rehearsal. I took it easy and with being on my foot for just over a week, I'd finally gotten to where my walking was 'wedding speed'. Making sure to not over-do it and making sure I was walking correctly was a big chore but the day went well. I walked to the point of nearly having cramps in my upper legs! My foot wasn't hurting too much. After all the prep at the site, rehearsal, BBQ and making bouquets, Ivory and I ran to the mall to look for Joseph's shoes. That was when I'd overdone it and pain kicked in hard and fast. I went to mom and dad's house and started to use the heat pad on my foot and had mom help rub me. After a little while the pain died down and thankfully wasn't too strong! I did miss the Bridal Lingerie party but that's okay because I didn't need to overdo it seeing how the wedding was the next day.

Sunday

We got to the location around 10am. 
At 8 am I had taken Tylenol and Methadone and I planned to take the pills whenever I needed to, no matter how close together it was. At noon I'd taken another Tylenol. 
At 1pm I took Methadone and a 10mg (rather than my usual small dose of 5mg. 10mg is what is prescribed though) Muscle Relaxant. From all the walking on Saturday, my muscles or whatever were extremely loosened up and I was able to walk correctly.just fine, at a quicker pace and with no limping! During the ceremony I was able to shift weight from left to right foot and that helped with the stress on my foot of just standing there. Walking on the uneven surfaces didn't seem to cause any issues. 
Just after 5pm I took another Methadone, Tylenol and muscle relaxant. My feet were super swollen from being up and about for hours so dad massaged the squishies for me when I took off my compression socks which were on top of the compression tights.
Joseph and I had missed our window for some slow dancing and didn't get a chance to do our songs so I don't know how that would have affected my feet. They swelling didn't continue to worsen and I tried to stay sitting most of the day and that did pretty well.
Around 8pm, after Mom took some pics of Me&Joseph, we went to get something to drink and all of a sudden I got a strong stabbing pain in my foot. I limped over to my table to sit down and took a Tylenol. The pain only lasted for less than 5 minutes so I must have stepped wrong or something because it didn't last at all! It was so nice!
We got home around 10pm and I took Methadone, Tylenol, and Muscle Relaxant. Over all during the day, other than aching feet from standing all day like the rest of the wedding party, I was pain free... Completely (well, aside from that short period at 8pm)! It was a huge relief!
For medications I normally take:
 Methadone -30mg. This day I'd taken 40mg
Tylenol -2000mg. This day I'd taken 2500mg
Muscle Relaxant-15mg (drs want me to take30mg). This day I'd taken 30mg.
So I really didn't take a lot more drugs but I did take them closer together and it definitely helped. 



Monday
I had gone to bed after coming home from the wedding, around 11pm? Blake stayed with my parents because I needed to be able to sleep in for exhaustion from the day! I'd expected a very painful night and for the day to catch up with me. I actually enjoyed a very hard and long sleep, waking around 1pm on Monday. No pain at all during the night/early morning. The rest of the day I had 0 pain. Like, seriously, None at all!! I had a TOTALLY PAIN FREE DAY! I figured the meds from yesterday were still in effect? ...


Tuesday
This was a relaxing day. I had two small episodes of pain, each lasting less than a half hour and required some heat and massage to give relief. It was wonderful to be in such minimal pain! I was walking more this day. I did deal with some major constipation cramping but it was different than the usual cramps I've written about. The cramping occurred completely independent from the usual factors which create the cramps. I do know this is strictly constipation due to the stress of the wedd prep and lack of regularity in the last 5 days or so.



Wednesday
I had run out of insulin around 5am and had to refil. By 7 or so, my foot started to hurt so I took my pills and Joseph got me the heat pad. I then got up on the (ahem) "early" side (10am) and went to my chiro appointment. I'd missed Monday's appt since I was busy relaxing from the wedding! haha After that Joseph, Blake and I went grocery shopping. Because my foot was aching a little bit again, I used my scooter rather than walking and gave my foot a nice break. I'm back to taking my pills on time, 4pm, midnight, and 8am. I'm still doing very well today with minimal pain. I've done the laundry and need to wash dishes. It will be interesting to see if dishes make my foot pain come back in due to standing at the sink.  I have been dealing with the cramping again today. It was not so bad as to cause nausea/throwingup but it was close. I need to take a laxative to clean me out more but I did make quite a bit of progress this afternoon =) TMI yes, but that's what this blog is about =D I don't know if I can take the lax any time soon due to my schedule still being full =(

I have a dr appointment in the morning and really do not want to go. My levels have been PERFECT this week and I just don't care to share my numbers with the docs. I'm trying to not think about things so I can stay less stressed. On the bright side, I do get to see Blaire since I have a 'growth ultrasound' in the afternoon. I'll have an u.s. to check her growth every 4 weeks min. from here on out!

Blaire was quite active this morning and I woke early to a pain in my right side. I was laying on that side and rolled over to see if that would help. Turns out, she was curled up super hard on the right side. I tried to push her to the left and even things out but she was a stubborn little thing and kicked back to let me know she wasn't moving! I laid on my left side to hopefully get her to shift some. I guess it worked since my pain went away and I was able to go back to sleep for a few more hours! She has been kicking/nudging me a lot today and it's not been painful except for early am.
I keep saying that I want her to come 4 weeks early but am slowly changing my mind. Since she will most likely be addicted to the Methadone, I think she needs to stay put in order to be born stronger and healthier and have a bigger/better chance at recovery. I'll keep praying that she is one of the 50% who is born NOT addicted! I'm hoping that I'm not getting addicted either. The pain management prescribed the Tens unit to see if it helps. If it does help then I can back down on the Methadone. I'm hoping I can be almost off of it by the time Blaire is born. Doc says that i can't go totally off of it because that wouldn't be good for baby but I can reduce the already very small amount I'm taking.

God is in control and He has allowed this pain to persist during pregnancy. I'm confident that He will be faithful to carry us both through to be healthy and happy when she is born!






















8 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you had a window of no pain at the wedding! The pictures all look awesome of that special day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo happy and encouraged to read this good report! Yes, incredibly beautiful pictures/treasures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the pics are great! Love you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping our eyes on the details and our prayers heavenward!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The "window for slow dancing" was very small! Timothy and I pounced out there when they finally played a slow song, while everyone else was watching the bride and groom eat their cake. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Amber! It's been a long time since you posted. How are you? I pray for you everyday. I hope no news is good news. :)
    Happy Lord's Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda! Make sure you're reloading the website on the "home" page. You are a few weeks behind if you're reading at week 25! =) Thank you for praying everyday; we very much appreciate and still need those prayers. I know while it is still very difficult that God is always holding us both! -Amber

      Delete
  7. Oh, boy! I have been reloading, but I guess I'm in the wrong place. I'll start fresh! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete