Tuesday, December 16, 2014

5 weeks 1 day

5am started off with a terrifying and vivid pregnancy dream. I couldn't go back to sleep without the scaryness popping back in. I turned on the tv and that helped, but there was no going back to sleep. By 6:30am I was going slightly low, had a snack, and started blogging. My level was 92 after a snack, but I still felt dizzy (not to mention my belly button was touching my backbone).
I snoozed from 7:15 to 8 and then started my day off with a shower. The nurse thought I was crazy, wanting to shower before eating breakfast. I knew that my docs would be in at 9 so I wanted to prioritize! So I'm in the shower, enjoying the hot water and the bathroom door opens... The nurse was trying to ask me something about scanning my pump. I popped my head out the shower door and tried to decipher through her accent to what she was trying to say. "You want to scan my wristband? uh. You want to scan my meds? What? You need my pump? What for? You want to scan my pump? Oh you're asking if we normally scan my pump. No. You don't scan my pump." Yeah. that was kinda awkward. I bolused ten minutes before starting to eat and multi tasked with putting on my makeup and doing my hair. (Mom would be appalled!) I finished eating and a doctor swooped into the room announcing her name as fast as she could and sat down and chattered away about how high bloodsugars are no bueno for my baby. Uh fetus. Yeah, Baby. This is the same doctor I fled from last time. Even though she was a whirlwind, she seemed a little nicer this time and way less "high levels are threatening the life of your baby." She calmed down enough to let me speak and ask my questions. When she concluded her chatter, she gave me a job. "It's your job now to let me know if you think my basal/ insulin changes are too drastic. We will work as a team, don't be afraid to speak up and we will go slower with the changes." 
We are off to a very good start this time around! =D
We changed my carb ratio for 'over 40ch'. 
1:18 for ch under 40
1:15 ch 40 and above
1:20ch after noon
It's kind of interesting how it's being done. I've only had different rates for different times of the day, not for different food amounts, but it's making sense.... I think... I'm going low again.
Yay for Dexcom and being all in the red!!!
It's really ironic though. I was admitted because my A1C is high but I've been having great levels, at home and here. I'm going low here though because the rates are a little higher and all I'm doing is sitting on my butt...Not chasing a 2 year old, washing dishes, running errands, etc.

Kara came to visit me! I had a nice time with her here. While she was here the dietitian came and reviewed my knowledge of carbs. I think Kara fell asleep in the chair while I was occupied!
Later, Joseph came and we watched a WWII movie. Dad, Mom and Blake came and visited for a little while too. Blake is traumatized from his hospital visit and freaked out when nurses came into the room. The night nurse let him help out with checking my vital signs and that warmed him up to everything! I shared my snack with Blake. Dad was holding him and as soon as I pulled out food, Blake threw down his blanket, yanked out his "boba" and handed it to mom and practically jumped from dad to me! My back has been killing me this evening. I have sharp, stabbing pain on the right side, wrapping around to the front and down the length of my leg to my knee. I should get to go home tomorrow, Wednesday. My levels have been under 100 all day today except for one spike at breakfast. I went low twice but not too bad. It will be interesting to see how my levels do at home with my normal activity and having Blake around. I expect quite a few lows before the week is through.

No comments:

Post a Comment