Thursday, December 18, 2014

5 weeks 3 days

Good Morning, Campers! 
Well this was a long night of intense back and constant foot pain. I can only have Tylenol every 8 hours so I'm using my heat(rice) pack in between meds. At 2am, I was moved to a room, two doors down. My roomie's last name is Gould... Which is hilarious especially considering I've been watching Stargate while I've been here!!!  I think she is an elderly woman, but I have not seen her yet.
 I will be coming home today, according to the nurse!
Breakfast came earlier today than the last few days. 7am is time for sleeping, not eating! I was glad to get yummy yogurt for breakfast with my toast and eggs. Ya know, I have eggs every morning and last pregnancy, that set off my nausea super bad... I took a bite of eggs this morning and wouldn'tcha know it... I'm nauseated!! So, since I can't sit with my face in a cold air vent, I've got my face shoved into a cup of ice and I'm breathing cold air that way. It's helping, even though I look dumb! haha But who am I trying to impress?! Anyway. I took my insulin as usual and started eating, but because I started feeling not so bueno, I finished my yogurt and sat back... When my nurse came in she asked if I wanted to finish my milk before she took my tray. I'm so glad she reminded me because my insulin was already on board! I definitely would have gone low if I had completely forgotten and she didn't say anything!

WOOSA. WOOSA. Come watch me rub my ear. You're in the hospital people. Make the best out of a difficult situation! Don't just sit on the other side of the curtain and practically yell into your cell phone about how you hate doctors and hate being here. First you complain about how the doctors and nurses aren't doing enough and you just wanna go home and then you complain about how the doctor and nurses are analyzing everything! Your blood, urine, notes, etc.... Which is it? Besides, no one likes being in the hospital!... I think your host needs to come take over... GOULD! 

My doctor came in. We discussed my levels and rates. One adjustment was hers and one was mine! I'm learning that diabetes management is different now because Baby B. causes insulin to work faster and basals are affected differently. So I'm learning. Dr is so much better than last time! I'm soooo glad. She said if I wanted to go back to Woodland that she and her team would kidnap me so I had to stay with her haha. I told her I'd literally die if I went back to woodland and have no plans of leaving. 
I also asked her about the celebration meal woodland offered me, "Oh you're diabetic, no sparkling cider or cheesecake for you." Um excuse me. I just had a baby! Dr Field here told me, "You're working with me so good, you're communicating well and I know your bg's will be great. You're gonna have brownies made by me, cheesecake and sparkling cider as long as I can celebrate with you!" Because I don't have a history of DKA in the last 13 years, she feels like I can splurge without fear of repercussions of the sugar! OH and because I have a bad back, I can ask for an "Egg Crate Mattress" next time which is supposed to be more comfy!

I dragged a chair out to the hallway and am sitting with my feet on a stool, a large pillow behind my back, my blanket over my shoulders, and I'm watching Stargate while the nurses and doctors walk by me smiling. I was too cooped up with my roomie! The hall is much nicer!
Yesterday my nurse faxed a pregnancy verification to Medi-Cal and they received it and are processing it today!! In the meantime, I have emergency medi-cal that has been pushed through for me by the financial people here at the hospital! Looks like I'll be able to get into the clinic now without having to pay $200 per visit.

It's such a lazy day! Right after lunch I put on Stargate, laid down at the foot of my bed with my feet curled up at the midpoint of the bed and snoozed for an hour! My nurse said I looked comfy and she didn't wanna wake me to check my level =) I was at a better post lunch level than my previous meal. I think I'm hitting a little absorption issues with my insertion sites. =( Can't do it in the places where it works best because I gotta let the tissues heal. Doc came to talk about discharging me. I need to limit my meals to 45ch and snacks to 30ch. It will be a little difficult for now because I'm used to eating 2 high carb meals a day rather than 6 lower carb meals a day. Baby will help though. The more B. grows, the less I'll be able to eat at a time =)
When Joseph and Blake come to get me, we are going to visit the main nurse who cared for him when he was admitted in 2012. Then, we are heading to Woodland for dinner and to "give Elaine her Christmas gift" of a photo album with our announcement!

2 comments:

  1. I am sad to hear you had so much foot/back pain, but I am glad other things are falling in to place. I wish I could have seen you bundled up watching Stargate in the hallway! hehe Love, Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, something you might try with the eggs.... Try using just the whites and not using the yolks. Maybe that would help. And, I know you can't do that when you are in the hospital, but try at home. I know the yolks have a lot of butrients, but maybe it's the yolks that you are sensitive to. It's worth a try!
    And, great idea with breathing in the cold air from your glass of ice! You are pretty resourceful :-)

    ReplyDelete