Tuesday, December 23, 2014

6 Weeks 1 day

During yesterday, Tylenol helped for most of the time. The other time, my back and foot were throbbing at a minimum of level 7. I had taken a Tylenol before going to bed and by the time Joseph got home from work, I was in immense pain. Unable to take Tylenol because it had been too soon, Joseph put the rice bag in the microwave to see if that would help my foot pain. If I'm remembering correctly, between 11pm and 2:45am, Joseph had gotten up 5 times to reheat my ricebag and put it back on my foot. He rubbed my calf and it didn't help like it usually does. Aound 3am, fed up and near tears I asked for the ice packs rather than heat. For the next half hour, my left side of my body was lying on pillows and the right half was on ice, and the rice bag was on the top of my body to help keep me warm. 14" of my back/butt and my whole ankle/foot were on ice. My back went numb within 20 minutes but it took longer for my foot. While I whimpered and moaned,Joseph tried rubbing my leg again but the way I was laying, the ice pack was in the way. He was very patient with my pain. The ice was effective enough and by 4:45am, I was able to roll off the ice and finally fall asleep. I took another Tylenol at 6:20am. It is now Noon, I'll take another and hopefully stave off this pain a little while longer.
With this pregnancy, I've been more emotional (cry easily) than I was with Blake or any other time in my life. "Joseph isn't home for another hour. Let's start crying!" haha! It's slightly ridiculous but I'm wondering if my constant pain has any bearing on my highly tender emotional state...

1 comment: