Friday, March 6, 2015

16 weeks 4&5 Days

The last few days have been pretty good. I've been in a bad mood but that's another issue LOL I've only had one major pain in my foot each day and I've been sleeping heavily so no pain at night. The Methadone has been working very well lately. I think I'm taking the right dose now. I know I'm having pain during the day, enough to take additional Tylenol, but it's not strong enough of pain to make a lasting memory to even write about it at the end of the day! Progress has been made and God has given me reprieve! I have had some headaches threaten my days but the meds prescribed for that is helping to get rid of them quickly.
My nausea is still present but not as bad; I have been taking antinausea quite a bit before food. I don't like to take the anti-nausea pills because I don't think they're totally safe, but I do think they're safer than me having major lows.
 This knee scooter makes things much easier! It is harder to go places because of trying to load it up in the car and it doesn't bend or fold in half, but Joseph has been able to help with that. I went to Target with Blake today and that was such a job! I was quite tired out when I finally loaded into the car.I think by staying off my foot for almost 3 weeks now, my tendonitis in my ankle has been able to heal because I've not been feeling that pain lately! Let's hope these next few days go smoothly with minimal to no pain! =D
My levels have been in the 70's all day today before and after eating! Because Brenda is with me today and tomorrow (She washed my dishes!!!! She has been a huge help by vacuuming too which is nearly impossible when you can't walk) I don't have to worry about overbolusing for food.  Besides, once 4pm hits, my nausea seems to slowly disappear and I can eat good food again!! That is wonderful =) Now it's just heartburn that makes me want to puke LOL One challenge to face after another!
I've been making fruit smoothies almost every day. Because I'm not using any additional sugar and I'm using Almond milk in place of regular milk, the carb count is less. Yesterday's glass was 25ch. Tonight, I used 2 bananas and some juice so that doubled the count to about 50ch. Tomorrow I'll go back to just 1 banana in the batch to make for less ch =D Who says smoothies have to spike your BG's?! Not mine =)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you got the scooter! And, I hope the pain goes away too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the positive improvements :-) and, praying for You and BabyB :-)

    ReplyDelete