Wednesday, March 11, 2015

17 Weeks 2 Days

I'm relaxing from my day by viewing, yet again, my seasons of STARGATE!!!
Whooh! They're travelling back in time! =D It's the best way to end a day (when hubby's at work).

SO. Nighttime pain has been rising. Tylenol has been hitting the maximum and that's no bueno =( Levels have been better and I'm not dealing with hardly any lows. Headaches ha  n fully prevented by early detection and using ice on my neck with a FĂ­ioricet on top. My nausea has subsided quite a bit. I still can feel it coming on a little bit but not enough to prevent me from eating! I am still being careful though. My levels have been super stable at night and I've been going to bed in the 90's. Through taking my meds twice between going to sleep and waking up, I rise about 40 points because I drink some juice with my pills... That's probably something I should stop doing... =) 

Today was a fairly normal day. Levels great. Post breakfast a little high so I'm looking to make a change to that carb ratio and I had to take a correction which brought me down to 85. Perfect! Blake and I headed out to his dr. appointment in Vallejo. We ate lunch on the way and I bolused for about 75 carbs. It was a short visit at the dr and before heading toward the freeway, I checked my level and was Extremely surprised and alarmed that I was at 65. I pulled into the nearest parkinglot and started chugging juice. It had been less than an hour since bolusing so I knew I was still going to drop the 4.35 remaining units left on board. I called Joseph and no answer. I called Chad and he picked up. I was feeling nauseated now and so asked him to come babysit me in Vallejo until my bg rose enough for me to drive home. He FLEW down the freeway to rescue his sister (cuz he's awesome!) and sat with me while I recovered. We chatted and ate candy for at least a half hour until I finally reached a bg of 105. Nausea subsided slowly and I felt good enough to drive home. Chad took Blake and I went to the chiropractor to do today's treatment. My ending BG (with boatloads of candy) only spiked to 190. I know my dr would freak out and say "You need to increase your insulin", but I know better. For dinner I bolused correctly and had perfect levels. There is NO reason whatsoever that my bg should have dropped like that. I hope it's only today it happens so that things aren't shifting again =)

This clip from Stargate is kinda how it feels to work with my dr. So much to say but she's quite intimidating and intense.....


So, tomorrow I'm going to request a referral to a different doctor/clinic. I spoke with lots of people within Sutter Regional Health and spoke with one of my "old" doctors who's opinion I greatly respect. She confirmed my concerns of my dr and suggested that I transfer to Sutter because they do their management of diabetes in a much safer way. my dr tends to follow her own guidelines but Sutter follows the American Diabetes Association guidelines. I sure hope the visit tomorrow goes well and the dr doesn't give me a hard time...  

2 comments:

  1. Praying you get a good doctor to effectively help you and baby on this journey!!

    ReplyDelete