Tuesday, March 17, 2015

18 Weeks 1 Days

I was having pain during the night and it was no bueno. On Friday my doc prescribed a muscle relaxant. These last two nights at bedtime I take 10mg Methadone, 5mg Flexeril, and 500mg Tylenol. I've been able to sleep 6-7 hours with no pain interupptions! I am being woken around 8am with lots of pain, but it's better than being up many hours in the night! Ice has not been helping as much so Joseph as been giving me heat pack and that's been helping well! This morning around 11am I was dizzy but was at a high level and that was very odd. I checked my BP (since I recently increased the dosage) and it was the lowest I've ever been! 104/65. I called mom and then called an advice nurse who said it was probably making me dizzy because of mixing the BP med with the muscle relaxant... She said, "DO NOT take those together! Leave a few hour gap between them. Call back if your symptoms get worse." I've dealt with dizziness off and on all day, but the symptoms were not getting worse, they were staying pretty much the same.... Kinda strange.

The last few nights, my levels have spiked during the night so last night I did a basal check from midnight to 4am. That is the hour that I was rising and so increased my basal insulin at that time. This morning was very strange. I had spiked up to 250 and was there most of the day, despite a new injection and new vial of insulin. Maybe I'm hitting some resistance?? I was not taking more insulin than I needed to get back in range and it was very surprising to find that I went low. With that low, nausea kicked in and left me unable to eat. The nausea persisted for a few hours and when it finally did go away, heartburn kicked in making me feel like puking! lol anyway,  I used a Glucagon injection which spiked me to 135 but didn't prevent me from dropping right back down to 80. By the time I hit 80 I was able to eat and did so. I'm raising my basal insulin for tomorrow at all hours and will do a very close eye basal check. My sensor is working now! Hallelujah!! It's been accurate all day. I used both my devices and both my transmitters to see if they could be accurate because of the issues in the past, I wanted to be able to compare results. The levels were in range but my old device was unable to pick up the signal from the sensor. I'd called Dexcom tech support to ask questions about the transmitter/device not working and he gave me the steps to take in order to find out which was inaccurate. Through his advice I am able to see that it is the device and not the transmitter that is at fault. I'm so glad I finally have a CGMS which works for pregnancy!!!! It has definitely been aggravating to see being above 200 for most of the day though =(

My pain has been minimal today which has been great! Maybe the increase of Methadone, maybe the addition of the muscle relaxant, Flexeril...

Ted & Elaine (Joseph's parents) came to visit today since I was feeling well. They brought me two Daffodils from their front yard and they're so pretty! They always remind me of Grandma Dorothy because she always had them planted around the Oak trees in her front yard =) Ted washed my dishes and that was a huge help! He also made me some (pottery) mixing bowls which are so pretty and perfect for mixing! Elaine brought some clothes for Blake. They took Blake out to get an Icee from the gas station and then the 3 of them went to play at the park! While they were gone I was able to make some important medical/insurance phone calls. When I went low, Ted was already to head home and I told them they needed to stay til I recovered. I then texted Dad asking him to come babysit me so they could go home. Dad came, they left, and I was not feeling well so Dad took care of Blake while I rested in my chair. I was able to take a tiny nap which helped get rid of the heartburn and nausea. It was nice to have his help =) Later in the evening, Jocelyn came and brought us dinner! It was such a blessing to have her offer and I greatly appreciated the effort she went through to make and deliver it! She also brought me a surprise bouquet of white flowers! After everyone left I trimmed the bottoms of the flowers and joined them with the bouquet that Blake chose/Chad bought for me last week. Now I have one large and very very pretty bouquet sitting on my piano where I can see all day long!

Emotionally this has been the most difficult week so far. Even though the pain is not super super bad, it's getting hard to be okay not understanding why. I know God is in control and He will do what is best for me, but it's still hard. The stress of life is no bueno and am trying to stay focused on Him and look forward to the adventures in the near future!

At the end of the month, Joseph and I will be driving to Idaho so he can test/interview with Idaho State Troopers! I'm very much looking forward to that relaxing trip with just Joseph. Last time we went I was 7 months pregnant =)

1 comment:

  1. There is always light at the end of the tunnel in our lives, even when we can't see it :( Thank God for all of the wonderful people in your life that are there for you!! Praying daily for you!!

    ReplyDelete