Wednesday, July 1, 2015

33 Weeks 2 Days

I woke up this morning with steady, but not intense, level 7 pain. I got up to crawl to the bathroom and back and my pain didn't increase. I crawled downstairs and my pain didn't increase. I sat at the table for 5 minutes to eat and then laid down on the couch with ice packs. 5 minutes later I was asking for a foot massage. By the time 10 minutes had passed, my pain had spiked to almost a level 10. 

Dad rushed us out the door to head to UCDavis. Panting, moaning, rubbing my leg/foot, and weaving through traffic, we got there just before tears started to fall. I scooter-ed up to the L&D. The receptionist was on the phone, chuckling and smiling... Nearly in tears I asked if she could get me in the system. She told the person on the phone to hold on. She said she would be right with me and then walked to the other side of the counter, picked up the phone and said,'Okay so the fax machine and printer..." I exclaimed and said "Really!?" Tears flew to my eyes and down my face. The pain was sooo bad and I'd been dealing with it for over an hour. I called out asking for help. No One Came. I sat on my scooter at an empty window slot and the doors opened next to me and a nurse leaving was passing me. I called and reached out asking if they could help me! The nurse didn't even stop. 

You got a pregnant woman leaning over handle bars of a scooter, sobbing in pain, crying out for help. and you couldn't even stop to say anything?! 

I then reached over the counter to the stack of papers. I filled out the paper they'd use to register me in their system and when I finished it, another nurse walked up and I slammed it on the counter. The pain was so bad I was shaking and couldn't even sign my name and it be readable. The new nurse instructed me to wheel out back to the lobby and wait. I couldn't even move so I sobbed next to the window until Dad came up to join me.

Within just 2 minutes or so I was told there was a bed for me. Dad pushed the scooter and then I fell into bed. The nurse asked me to put on the large belly band so they could monitor Blaire. I then laid in bed, writhing, sobbing, and hollering for nearly an hour before any nurse came back. I got an injection of pain meds which kicked in fully after about 15 minutes. I'd been in severe pain for 2 hours or more by this point.

This whole day is crazy. I don't know why I was in so much pain. Last night was the first time I didn't sleep on ice this whole week...
Could that be the only thing that caused this morning episode?

Dad and Chad are going out now to buy a new bed for me and Joseph to stay in the guest room. Mom and Dad will get their room back and I'll be able to be downstairs and be confined to bed completely except for bathroom breaks and dr. visits. If getting up is going to cause so much pain, then I won't be getting up at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment