Wednesday, July 8, 2015

34 Weeks 2 Days

Today I had quite the morning of pain. Kara was visiting and was able to entertain Blake while Dad, Joseph, and Mom helped me with massaging, ice packs, and heat packs. A few hours of pain passed in just enough time to get ready for my appointment with Pain Management in Fairfield (UCD P.M. still refuses to see me). Kara came with Me and Dad to the appointment. I was there to get 2 injections of Lidocaine in my spine at 2 different levels. When we got there we asked if I could get an injection in my ankle/lower leg as well since pain is really slamming me there. Doc said she would be guessing if she tried in the ankle becuase the nerves are too small and too hard to find. So she said that instead, she would stick my butt and "poke around" and find the sciatic nerve. I asked Dad to video the procedure and he did. He didn't record when my butt was stabbed multiple times, haha, but he did record the rest! I tried uploading them to this post, but was unable to do so!

When we left the appointment, I had to sit on my scooter because the strength of my leg was totally gone since I was numb! It was quite amusing! My foot/leg has been numb for hours and 6 hours later, I finally got some strength back in my leg. My pain level has been like....3-4?  Some niggling pain, but nothing severe. The bone spur part of my ankle has been in more pain though and is starting to build a little bit.

This afternoon I was quite tired and laid down to sleep. I basically passed out. Hours later I woke up to Blaire stretching and kicking up a storm! I think she was not happy that I was laying half on my tummy. Yes, I'm 34 weeks and can still sleep on my tummy comfortably! I fell back asleep and woke to my medication alarm going off. I tried to text my mom to find out what meds I needed but I was so out of it, I sent a crazy text that was made of half words or no real words at all! haha

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had a better day. Blake and Blaire are and will be the light of your life, your constant companions and grow to be your best friends!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How often will the Pain Management Doctor see you and/or Treat you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pain Management in Fairfield will see me on a weekly basis. The Pain Management at UCD refuses to see me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW Girl, you're getting First Hand how our Medical Help is being Limited more and More.

    ReplyDelete