Sunday, January 25, 2015

10 Weeks 6 Days

My bloodsugar levels have been pretty good even though I've been having some lows.  I have not wanted to make the basal changes necessary because I don't want to deal with high levels. The lows are not too major and I feel that I can deal with them alright.

With my pain level, the Methadone has been a huge help.  I'm doing alright at night and a Tylenol once or twice is necessary. I usually rub my leg/foot on the mattress to help the pain subside for about a half hour. Thankfully I haven't had to wake Joseph for help except maybe twice in the last week. During the day my pain has been increasing and the Tylenol is getting to where it is helping only minimally at times. My back has been aching quite a bit as well and nothing can really help that pain. Standing is still the worst thing for me. Washing dishes and making dinner cause me the most pain. I've been washing dishes once a day and then sitting down to rest after. Joseph has been very helpful to do the second batch of dishes after dinner! For making dinner, cereal has been a new favorite of mine! and I keep dinners simple otherwise. I have been able to devote a lot of time to my handquilting projects. Blake has been such a good kid to be content to play by himself in the same room as me. Sometimes he comes up on the couch and we play together too though =D I'm very glad to have a small apartment so that when Blake is in his room playing, I can still see him from my couch perch! 
I'm still dealing, just a little bit, with feeling yucky after eating. It isn't too bad and I handle it fine. I have been very tired! I don't remember being this tired when pregnant with Blake. I have been taking 2 hour naps when Blake does and I try to go to bed early, between 8 & 9. Sometimes I'll even take a nap in the evenings when Joseph is home =) 

So far, I've gained 3.5lbs, 3 inches around my belly and 4 inches around my hips. I'm measuring and keeping everything written down in my pregnancy journal because it was something Grandma Dorothy had always asked me to do when I was pregnant with Blake. I never measured back then, but I am now, not just because of her, but because I'm curious to see how much I change and (don't) change back to! haha Other than my pain levels and diabetes, I would hardly know I was pregnant! The symptoms, Thank GOD!) are so very minimal to some others I know who are expecting. 

I'm scheduled for a foot MRI in a week and a half. I went in to give my doctor's note stating that I can have the MRI. The person I spoke with said that she didn't think I could do it and that she would have to ask the doctor who was there. She spoke with the doctor and the doc said no to the procedure because they have no evidence of whatevers so there is a 50/50% risk to the baby. I then said, well I'm on Methadone to control my pain now so there is a risk anyway because if I continue on this treatment path, the baby will be born addicted to it. They asked, "Can't you get off of the Methadone now before you get too far into your pregnancy?" I then told them that I had JUST STARTED the Methadone that week because of my pain being so severe and that I need the MRI so we can hopefully get a diagnosis and be able to treat this problem in a better way. But, until I can get a diagnosis, I have to continue on the Methadone. I left them scratching their heads over my predicament with a promise to talk to whoever is in charge and get back to me. So far it has been 2 work days with no call back. urg.

SO anyway:
According to my countdown I have 173 days to go!
ANY pressure on my foot today is no bueno. I'll be a couch potato again til Blake wakes up =D

No comments:

Post a Comment