Friday, January 9, 2015

8 Weeks 4 Days

2:35am I woke up to the bedroom light still being on and also feeling a little strange. My alarm was set to check my blood sugar at 3am, but I was awake and so decided to check my level. In a normal voice, not anything louder than usual, I stated the number to Joseph who was sleeping soundly. 46. He quickly rolled over (from practically snoring) and asked what I needed. I tossed two juices onto his pillow for him to open for me while I chugged my apple juice. When I started on my 3rd juice, he got out of bed to get me some food. I don't remember if he asked me or not, but he quickly came back into the room with strawberry jam on a piece of bread. 'Good idea!' Next thing I knew, he was handing me a second piece of yummy bread. I prayed that when I checked my level that I wouldn't be responding to this low like my recent lows...where after a boat load of carbs I stay level... I checked it and I was at 65! Joseph got back in bed and I laid down next to him. With the light still on, we went back to sleep with an alarm to check my level 10 minutes later. 145. Another 10 minutes alarm and I hit 180. Surprisingly, with an intake of 140 carbs, I topped no higher than 180... That was a massive low!
My foot hurt through the night. I had taken a tylenol when going to bed and within a few hours, Joseph gave me a norco because it was too soon to take another Tylenol. He put the heatpack on my foot which helped and then he rubbed my calf til I fell asleep and out of enough pain. I checked my levels at 5:15, 6:00, 6:45, 7:30 which I suspended my basal because of a major b.g. drop, 8:15, and 9:00. From that 2:30am bg of 180, by the time I had suspended my basal and then checked my level at 9am, I had dropped to 122. If i didn't suspend, I would have been a bit lower.... Glad I didn't raise my basals like my doctors wanted me to do 2 days ago!
When I got out of bed this morning, I considered walking on my foot today. I crawled everywhere yesterday and it's no fun... I started to put some pressure on my big toe as I slowly dropped my foot to the floor. Instantly, I had shooting pain go into my foot. I will NOT be walking on my foot today... But I gotta go to the chiropractor =(
Time to call goodwill and see if they can put some crutches on hold til Joseph can pick them up for me.
2:45pm. Low again at 69. Drank some juice and ate Chicken Pot Pie. 10 minutes later when I'm full, I check again. 53. Let's just chug the juice now and hope it doesn't make me sick from being so full!! Joseph is headed home early from work for a second time this week.
I changed my basals for the afternoon/ evening and stayed level at 180. Tomorrow will be the test to see if I can stay level at 108 and not go low again. I had to give in and walk on my foot. It was no bueno and as soon as I  got off my foot and got my butt back on the couch, my pain subsided.... Weird. I sure hope the MRI in Feb shows a whole heck of a lot of what's going on!

All in all. 189 days left to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment