Saturday, January 10, 2015

8 Weeks 5 Days

Typically, I'm not a very emotional person. Yes, I can get hot headed sometimes and I'm definitely spiteful, but not emotional in the way of crying easily. Today, however, is another story. 
First, I'm treating lows again, and that is frustrating because I feel yucky after eating. I had to take another Norco, 3rd once since 2am, and I really am trying to not take them. I'm extremely missing Blake, who has been gone for 4 full days, and to top it off, I'm watching the Stargate episode where Daniel dies for good... or at least this one season. Unless someone comes over, I'm pretty sure I'll be crying before Joseph comes home! haha! 
I had my diabetes group today at Starbucks and there were only 3 of us. We visited for about an hour and a half. I did have to walk to get there and I had to massage my leg the entire visit and I'm definitely paying for it now. Today's pain isn't too bad, but it is bad enough for a Norco. I am back to crawling 'round my house. My lower back is starting to ache which, thankfully, is something I haven't been dealing with too much in the recent past. 
I had a visitor for a few hours in the afternoon. This visitor had the gall to remark on my dirty kitchen. I'm in too much pain to stand or walk so while I crawl around my house, my top priority should really be to go wash my dishes. It really set me off so all yesterday evening, I was quite irritable (remember that emotional comment in the opening?) and set myself to clean my whole house no matter the pain. Joseph washed the dishes for me and I juiced oranges, organized the piles of paperwork on the table, picked up and vacuumed my room, and moved my bed from one wall to the other. The only way to move my bed is to pull the legs with my hands and then bounce 'round to the other side and push the bed to the wall with my ...feet. Yeah. I paid for it later.

Too bad I couldn't have remembered this verse I had quoted in the morning....

"I have trusted in your Mercy; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me! - Ps 12:5,6.

3 comments:

  1. I just checked your slightly pithy blog thinking that you might write something about that person that poo pood your kitchen haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your emotions can calm down. It is no fun to cry easily! Love you girl! Wondering about your diabetes group... Kinda like what might be your topics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mom, we don't talk about anything specific. We only talked about diabetes this time because one of the women is reading a book on diabetes history. Otherwise, we talk about anything that comes up. Last month we talked politics =)

    ReplyDelete