Sunday, February 8, 2015

12 Weeks 6 Days

Dear Morning Sickness,
You are no bueno for making me deal with all these dangerous lows! You can go away now, I have enough seriousness to deal with and don't need your complications! =) 

Foot pain in the early AM. Joseph got the ice packs again but they weren't very cold. I took a Tylenol and Joseph rubbed my foot til it kicked in. Thankfully now, the pain is gone and I emailed my doc about why the meds aren't super effective after 3 days of them being fairly good... Dad suggested I do an internet search to see if it's common but I don't have the patience to sit online searching through forum after forum after article to find the info. Emailing my doc is much quicker!
I planned on French Toast for breakfast but as soon as I pulled out those eggs... I knew cereal was going to be my friend. It took me a half hour to eat cuz I ate so slowly making sure the nausea wasn't sticking around =) I bolused after eating, just in case =)

Afternoon I took a long nap. At least an hour an a half. I woke to Joseph telling me that he needed to head to work for an hour to do some studying. He left and I checked my level. I was at 80 and feeling dizzy so I knew I was dropping. I had a headache and lots of nausea. I called Chad to come babysit me and I took an anti-nausea...... I feel a glucagon shot coming on...

Yup. I checked my level just a few minutes after this post: 51. I called Chad to check his ETA and he was 'at the light.' He double parked, ran in, and gave me a whole glucagon shot, rather than just a half like previous times. Because of my nausea and being unable to eat without throwing up and making my situation waay worse, I had him call the paramedics so that if I did drop in the next few minutes then they could give me the dex-drip. When they got here just a few minutes later my sugar was at 87. I felt comfortable enough for them to leave and will continue to check my levels often.






Blake enjoyed seeing the guys and the trucks!




15 minutes after they all left, I got up to 130 bg and that isn't high enough. Especially since I can't take in ANY food or drink of any kind. I emailed my doc letting her know that I've used 3 or 4 glucagon shots in the last week and I wanna have a higher range. I asked her in the email but fully plan on running on the 'higher' side for a little while. Chad is with me now until Joseph comes home from his study time at work. I'm sure he will be surprised when he comes home to hear what adventure we had!

My pump was suspended for almost 3 hours and I had zero intake of food. My blood sugar topped out at 195. Joseph came home with food and at the time, almost an hour ago, I was still unable to eat but could take some swallows of the coffee he brought me. I'll try food again in another hour or so and still keep a good eye on sugars! 

I couldn't imagine a life not filled with such events. This is what keep life exciting and keeps me knowing that God is in control. It keeps me aware of how precious life is and how HE has blessed me so!

2 comments:

  1. Thank The Lord all things are fine. And, now the paramedics know who you are and where you live :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping it would be the same guys as last time that way I could say, "Your place last time, my place this time!" =) When we eventually move, I will definitely be looking to be as close as possible to a fire station! It's way quicker than being close to a hospital =)

      Delete