Sunday, February 15, 2015

13 Weeks 6 Days

Can you believe I made it through yesterday with nearly zero pain (a maximum of a level 2 pain) in my foot and I slept solid all night with no pain til morning?!?!!!! You can bet I'll be staying completely off this foot for a while with no lack of motivation to do so!!! I was even an hour late taking my Methadone yesterday afternoon and had no problems because of the late dose!

I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad that God has allowed me to finally know what my issue is and how to help myself heal! These years of praying have come to fruition! haha!

I had a little revelation today:
When people ask me, "How are you?" My typical response is, "I'm great!" And sometimes, people take a little back step and ask, "What about..." my issues? Are they improving?
I realized that even when I'm dealing with so much pain and frustration and even though my conditions are not (usually) improving, my joy and happiness in life is not dependent upon my circumstances. My joy comes from my salvation and having a relationship with God and placing my life {my present and my future} in His capable hands. I know that even when I'm having a tough day with pain or frustration, HE will take care of me and my issues. 
Because of living in the constant care of God, I can still say, "I'm Great!"

Today we went to church and standing on my good foot is a bit of a challenge. Over time, I know my feet muscles will strengthen, but until then, I can't over walk/stand myself. I was close to getting foot cramps from standing during worship!! I am taking it easy all the way around! It was very odd while sitting in church. All of a sudden, my entire foot went numb and I couldn't feel a thing. After a few minutes of that, it turned tingly numb for about 10 minutes. I tried to sit up straighter, straighten my leg, bend and straighten my foot, but nothing helped. It was very strange. It is the second time that has happened. First time was in the dr office on Thursday....

Blood sugars during the night were stable (I'm guessing since I didn't actually wake up from a low) around 100. I went to bed at 90 and woke up at 104.
My BP was slightly elevated this morning and my hands have been swollen. My wedding rings are nearly stuck on my finger so I'm leaving them off for now.
My back has been aching in a different area than usual. This ache is more of my 
pelvic joint being out of whack (like previous pregnancy) so the chiro will help with that on Tuesday!

Joseph is headed to work. Blake is napping. I'm headed for hours of sewing, reading, googling, more reading, and sewing. And then I get to play with Blake when he wakes up!

5 Weeks til we get to find out what B will be named!!!

I went low once but it wasn't a bad one. I adjusted my insulin rates again and will see how tomorrow goes. My foot has throbbed some this evening so I needed to take a Tylenol. Over all, it's been pretty good though!

2 comments:

  1. So happy you had a break with pain and that your faith is strong in the Lord! You have such strong character because of such uncomfortable trials! I heard yesterday that the most fertile land is in the valleys. So, true! Going through a valley in life, should cause a bountiful harvest of good character! God knows where he is sending us, and He does have a motive to bring us closer to Him and to love others more:-)

    ReplyDelete