Saturday, February 28, 2015

15 Weeks 4&5 Days

Friday I went in to the chiro to do my second back treatment. I lay on a machine with big straps around my waist/hips and another around my belly. The straps are then connected to the bottom of the machine and the top. The machine works by slowly pulling my back apart (sounds bad) and lets pressure off of the discs to allow them to suck back into place. 3 of my lower discs are bulging, not ruptured so it's like squishing a balloon between your hands. The edges of the balloon are past the edge of your hand but it's not popped. So by letting some pressure off your hands (the vertebra) it allows the balloon (disc) to go back into place. The procedure is about 25 minutes and then I lay with electrical muscle stimulation on my lower back and a heating pack for another 20 minutes. I'll do this for a few weeks and see if I have any relief from it. So far, it hasn't been painful which the doctor said is a good sign. By the time I got home from my appointment, my feet and legs had begun to swell. I'm wearing compression stockings which should be helping but I need more compression on the top of my feet too, not just my legs. My BG levels are still a little off. My current range is between 100 and 180. It should be 100-120 so I'll get there before too long. As long as I'm not going low or too high it's okay. My foot was hurting earlier today so I sat with it on ice for a little while and that helped. Now I'm sitting with the ice on my back, per doctor's orders =) After Joseph went to work I started feeling nauseated. I called my parents to see if Mom could come stay with me and they were only 3 minutes away at the time! Dad dropped her off and she stayed until dad picked her up at 11pm, when Joseph got home from work. Earlier in the evening, I had a phone chat with the nurse in charge of taking in my BG's in the OB clinic. We had been going back and forth with emailing but since it was getting close to 5pm, she decided to call; we had a 30 minute conversation. Mom and I chatted after her call about what we talked about. I didn't take any of the dr's suggestions because, as I stated on the phone and email, that she didn't have enough info to make changes so I had made my own.

Saturday morning I woke at 5:45am with foot pain. This is the 3rd morning in a row so instead of taking a double dose of Methadone at 8am, I'll take the double at midnight and see how that goes. Today I'm back to a single pill during the day and I hope that pain isn't too much. I don't want to have to up the dose again unless I really have to.  At 5:45 when I woke up, I checked my bg level and I had risen 45 points since midnight. I went ahead and raised my 4am basal. This was the second morning that I'd raised like this. I woke up (with a correction at 5:45) 90bg. That's a great number! I'm getting a headache and will start to ice it now before pain gets to building too much. I plan to go to Fairfield today to lay out and let Blake play.
1pm and that's as long as I lasted before needing to take the 2nd dose of Methadone... I'll have to email my doctor to see if I can add another 5mg dose at midnight. I'm sitting in mom's rocking chair with ice on my back and hot rice pack under my neck...
Later on, I had gone low and Mom drove to my house to get my anti nausea pills and I was unable to eat very much. As the day continued my headache got worse and worse. Rhonda came over and gave me a neck and shoulder massage which helped a lot. I was still nauseated for quite a while from the pain of the headache. My foot started hurting later in the evening too so took another Tylenol which only took the edge but that was good enough I guess. I'm leaving Blake in Fairfield with my parents and will get him tomorrow. I've been here from 1pm - 11pm. I'm headed home to sleep away the rest of this headache.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you were here today when you started feeling so bad! Maybe next time you will be able to get a bit of sun :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parents love being there for you. Let them help as much as possible. Our kids are always our kids not matter how old they get :)

    ReplyDelete