Friday, February 27, 2015

15 Weeks 3 Days

These last couple days have been pretty good. My levels have been a bit on the higher side from me being too careful with my insulin. Things are being funky in the morning and I can't figure out what's up. I won't bother to ask my dr about it because she will be of no help right now. I haven't been taking my blood pressures lately because I've been doing much better since the doc upped my bp meds. But, in the last few days I've been starting to swell and it's getting worse day by day. Today it was really bad in my foot/toes, legs, and hands. My hands are aching because of the swelling and last night I slept with holding an ice pack between them. The swelling in my feet is putting pressure on my already tender right ankle and causing some more pain. I'll start to wear my dad's compression stockings some to help prevent from getting too stretched. I can't believe the swelling is so bad already. Last time I started swelling between 25 & 30 weeks and then got Pre Eclampsia. I'm thinking that once I get to 20 weeks I'll be borderline Pre E and will be sending Blake off to live with Papa and Grandma for a while... =( I've been having some headaches along with the swelling so I'll be consistently checking my BPs. Not much helps the headaches and that's hard to deal with.

My nausea has died some but I have been taking anti-nausea pills almost every day. According to my mom's scale, I've lost some lbs this week and according to measuring around my belly, I've lost 1"... I think it was because I've been fasting so much this past week, trying to get my basal rates correct, that I've been unable to eat. That, and due to the amount of nausea I've had. Nausea is fine as long as I don't puke and have a blood sugar crash... I don't need more hospital visits: this is week 15 and I've been in the hospital 7 times. I'll be doing more basal checks this week because of things changing. 

Dr emailed me back today about the changes I need to make to my insulin. She really only had one and a half days of blood sugar numbers and with those days, she had very minimal information, like only 5 or 6 numbers out of the 12 she had asked for... There is no way she can make changes without having information. Me and mom came to the conclusion that the dr is only looking at my basal rate numbers and thinking they're too low based on other patients... because she is NOT even looking at the numbers I gave her. I emailed her back asking for an explanation of why she chose those changes. 

It's getting to be very annoying being on crutches. I've been on them nearly 2 full weeks and am so ready to get off them! I keep having to tell myself that it's better now than when I have have 2 kids and it's better that it's my foot rather than my arm being out of service... If it was my arm I would have an extremely difficult time making food, keeping things picked up, caring for Blake and changing diapers, playing with him, or getting myself ready and presentable.

... {the foot is better than my arm} repeat 2x  ... 

I'm getting very frustrated with all that's going on lately. 
I keep telling Joseph that I need a vacation from life for a while. 
I'm only 15 weeks in and still have a long road of frustration and pain to endure.

1 comment: