Monday, February 2, 2015

12 Weeks

I slept through the night with no lows and no pain! I did go to bed at two though so I am tired haha Being tired is so much better than all the rest! Joseph is home today so I'll be able to nap whenever I want, rather than waiting for Blake to go down or make him take a quiet hour. I got a call this morning letting me know that I got in to the Pain Management Clinic in March! Hopefully they'll have some helpful ideas for me to try! My 12 week ultrasound and pain doctor appointments are tomorrow and on Wednesday I have my MRI !!!

Afternoon: pain has been building all day and I've been sitting on ice most of the day and my foot pain is getting much worse. Like I'm getting to where I can't even sit still....
I can't wait to talk to my doc manana to get an increase in my meds. This pain is unacceptable right now! It is bearable but no bueno.
I don't understand! I've been on ice for hours and I'm still in pain!
This doesn't make sense.
This is pure stupidity

Ok. So I called my dr to ask if I could take another/early dose of Methadone. I figure it won't hurt since I'll see the doc manana to hopefully get an increase of the med anyway. This pain is too much. They called me back after 10 minutes and gave me the green light to take an early dose of Methadone. That means I'll take 3 pills today. I read that it should take about 30 minutes to get into my system so I'm hoping that it will help my pain. When I called the dr I was considering the E.R. again because the pain is building with no relief. My last resort before E.R. was to lay on my yoga ball, stretch my back out as much as possible and ice it that way. My spine is opened up allowing the bulging discs to not pinch my nerve that goes down into my foot. Joseph rubbed my leg while I'm on the ball and my pain is being helped but still very very strong... Bad thing is, I went to get off the ball.. Moving EXtremely slowly, letting the spine back into it's original position and resquishing the discs.... but I got to a point where I was upright enough to take a drink of water but otherwise... I'm stuck. I literally can not get off my ball...

I can't get out of this position without IMMENSE pain, more than earlier...
I don't typically use my ball because to lay on it really hurts my belly. It gives sharp pain in my right side about 2 inches above my hip bone. I'm just trading one pain for another...
At least for now, I'm back to bearable pain rather than how it was when I spoke with my dr.
Trying not to think of my situation too much right now. Blake woke from his nap and came to lay by my and give me "besos" for my owies. He is very compassionate and always has a kiss to make me feel better. He can always make me smile...and then I send him to daddy cuz I have to concentrate on what I'm doing.

- To say that this is hard to deal with is an enormous understatement -

This pain was slowly and surely dissipating. Joseph was in the other room, getting ready to bring my recliner into the front room when Blake stepped right on the back of my foot, flattening it against the floor.
Joseph ran into the living room when he heard me scream and start sobbing and gasping for breath. It was so horrible I couldn't hardly breathe. He held me til the pain subsided enough for me to get back into my hands-and-knees position, moving as slowly as possible. He brought my chair in, put it back together and I inched my way into the seat. It's been over an hour since I took the Methadone and it has already kicked in, helping my pain a ton. I couldn't imagine my pain level if I hadn't taken that pill... especially with this latest incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment