Saturday, February 21, 2015

14 Weeks 5&6 Days

Today I woke up late when Blake came into my room at 10:30 and laid down with me. Even though I had enough sleep (not too much) I have been very tired today and took an afternoon nap between BG checks. I did a basal check starting at noon and plan to go til 8. Along with being tired, I've had a headache which is continually getting worse. Tylenol doesn't help so I don't bother taking it. This headache has caused me to become nauseated too, maybe due to the pain? . . .  I took an anti-nausea which has helped but I'm not sure I will be able to eat any time soon. My levels are rising slightly then dropping back down and I'm having a slightly difficult time trying to figure out which insulin rate to adjust. I'm not going high or low though so that is good! I'm trying to narrow my range at this point.
Ted and Elaine stopped by for a visit and my headache kicked in super bad. For a good chunk of the time I sat with ice behind my neck and then on top of my forehead and eyes, I fell asleep shortly after they left (7pm?), just after I switched to heat. I woke at 1:30am to foot pain. I had slept through my Methadone @ 12am phone alarm. Joseph and I headed to bed then, my headache still on pretty strong. My foot had bothered me quite a bit during the night and morning hours. Joseph had to get me ice in the early morning.  After dealing with the pain, I then slept pretty solid and woke to my 8am alarms. I was exhausted when Joseph got out of bed so I stayed there and didn't get out of bed til about 12:30pm. I wasn't fully sleeping the whole time because I was aware when Joseph was trying to keep Blake on the quiet side. My headache is still present but it's more of the, "I'm here; don't be loud or move too much or I'll slam you again" feeling. I was going to do another basal check within range but then nausea kicked in. So I ate as much as I could with an anti-nausea pill and the basal check will fine til later.

I have been reading in my FB Pregnancy/Diabetes group that many women are finding out their baby's gender as early as week 15 ! I'm hoping I can find out at my next appointment instead of waiting another few weeks to do the 20 week ultrasound.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have checked them and they're totally negative.

      Delete
  2. It was fun to see the baby moving around at your last ultrasound :-)

    ReplyDelete